Monday, December 20, 2021

Moondog's Comicland newsletter

I'm only including a small selection from this one issue. One reason I'm sharing it is nostalgia, for at one time Moondog's was the comic book chain in this area. Another is a reminder, thanks to that published letter, that Moondog's newsletter had a limited print run. Someday, collectors are going to consider these valuable and I'll be kicking myself for letting my collection mildew so badly that I'm throwing them all out.

Another reason to share these pages is because they prominently feature two former Moondog's employees who I now consider friends -- Keith Anderson, who still runs a comic book store in Schaumburg to this day, and Chris Ecker, co-founder of Big Bang Comics. Though most of my Big Bang Comics-related business has been with his partner, Gary Carlson, I still run into Chris almost annually, selling antiques at some show or another, and a good conversation always ensues. 






 

No comments: