Monday, June 6, 2022

Century Man - Rough Pencils

For years, my plan to start in comics was to produce an ongoing superhero series called Century Man. This went through various permutations, starting as a story set in 1890s England, and in its final stage was a modern 21st century story. I had an outline for the first few issues and a roster of characters planned out. 

I never thought I had the professional art skills to pull this off myself, so I was always on the lookout for a young artist willing to do this for free, for the experience. I even had two lined up at two different times, but they fell through because working for free, naturally, is always going to be your lowest priority. 

Eventually, I decided if I wanted this to get at least one step closer to being done, I would need to at least do the art breakdowns myself, and then work to find someone who would finish them for me. And even that I never got around to completing. But this is my favorite page from those breakdowns, as I think I got a lot of energy and motion into these roughs. 

 

No comments: