Monday, November 18, 2019

Prymptown Courier - v. 4 no. 5


PRYMPTOWN COURIER

Vol. 4, No. 5 (Nov. 2001)

EDITORIAL

I missed getting this out in October, and the campaign write-up for the 35th session still isn't done.  At first I thought, oh no, how much longer is it going to be before I can get out a Courier?  Then another idea hit me.  Why not release a Courier without a campaign write-up in it?  It's never been done before, but luckily, I have two back-up features of some length to run this time.  One is the conclusion of the GENCON report (boy, does it seem a long time ago since GENCON 2001!).  The other is a timeline for Vladamir Kostiov, prepared by his player.  The timeline has already been of help to me in ironing out some...chronal difficulties with the campaign log...

GENCON 2001, Day 3
August 4, Saturday.  8:00 pm.

It's impressive how much larger the audience is for the Knights of the Dinner Table Live Reading year after year.  There must have been 100 people in a large room, with one man at the front organizing the event through a bullhorn.  I presume there were microphones on the reading table, though
it was still hard to hear some of the readers.  What may have been a mistake (though, logistically, they may have had no alternative) was that readers were chosen at random from those who had event tickets - not necessarily from those who were enthusiastic about reading.  Regardless, I only had time to listen to two classic strips (including the much-read "Hand of Vectra") before leaving to set up for the third and final night of Village of Hommlet.

August 4, Saturday.  9:00 pm.

Instead of my regular player Ronny, I got my regular player (and then regular chauffeur at the con) Ron to join the game this night.  The foursome who had played the first two nights was conspicuously absent.  There were three guys with a Talisman game set up in the room next door who were thinking about playing but copped out.  Then I ran into Scott Holst, a Greytalker from Chicago who I've talked to before about meeting for a game session.  He had two of his friends there, but when they learned I was running a low-level game, they took off.  Ironically, the guy who had left early the first night and missed out walked by again, and I roped him and a friend of his into playing.  Then three guys showed up from Blue Island, IL.  They claimed that they had been informed of my event from the tickets booth (and I didn't think they knew of it), and had driven back from their hotel room - in Gurnee, IL. (that's an hour away from the con, folks!) - to play.  The room we'd played in the last two nights was particularly crowded and noisy, so we packed up and moved two rooms down. 

With six players, we picked up where the previous group had left off - retreating back to Hommlet to rest and rememorize.  I filled them all in on what they'd missed. Everyone sat around the inn for a while, and gradually noticed that something was fishy in that Zert and Spugnoir had not come back to the village with the freed prisoners. 

About this time, two more players showed up - a husband and wife team.  The husband wanted his wife to see what 1st. ed AD&D was like, and we made room for them at the table. 

The band of eight proceeded back to the moathouse and, on their way down the overgrown trail, they found signs of a bloody skirmish, and tracks heading back towards the moathouse from it.  While following the tracks, they were ambushed by the brigands again.  Brigands with missile fire rained it down on the PCs from places of concealment off the path.  About three PCs remained on the path, while the others fanned out off to either side of the road.  It didn't take long before there were eight individual combats going on at once.  One of the PC clerics found the lieutenant who led the brigands, but they were so evenly matched that they battled to a draw until after all the other fighting was done.  The ranger PC wasn't the killing machine this time; it was the paladin PC.  The ranger was busy when he came across Zert, now obviously in league with the brigands.  

They too had a lengthy duel, which ended when the dwarven fighter PC managed to find them and join in.  Before dying, Zert gloated about having killed the others, and even working for the Temple of Elemental Evil.  When all the other brigands were dead and the party started to converge on the lieutenant, he ran.  The party waited long enough to loot bodies, and then tracked him down.  They
found him, on the hill by the stream, still running away, and took him prisoner. 

The whole battle had taken two hours of real time to resolve.  The husband and wife team looked tired or bored, but everyone else was still into it, and so we pressed on
back to the moathouse, where they forced the lieutenant to reveal the secret doors that led down.  After letting the lieutenant go (as per their arrangement with him), they
descended into the watery depths (I had added an inch or two of standing water in every room, since this was below a moathouse in a swamp…).  They followed winding corridors,
listened carefully at doors, got spooked every time they expected a trap, and set off the portcullis trap without even finding out what it did.  By midnight, they had just
found the gnoll lair…and we called it quits there.  The gnolls heard them coming and had the party pinned down with longbow fire right away, and I sensed a protracted battle
coming on par with the brigand ambush, and we all agreed we didn't want to keep going until 2 am.

After the game, though, the three from Blue Island stayed to chat, or at least the one leader-type in the bunch did.  His name was Greg, and in addition to being a county sheriff and
a manager of a bluegrass band, he claimed to have been an early playtester for TSR.  What's more, his group was short on players, and he was looking to hook up with a larger
group.  I got his business card, and we've talked once since GENCON, but haven't hooked up yet.

GENCON Day 3.  Saturday.  Midnight.

I had packed up all my gaming materials from DMing, and Ron and I were on our way out when we saw a family of four playing the card game Apples for Apples nearby.  I had
thought of purchasing it before, and when I slowed down to watch they invited us to join in and try it.  In Apples to Apples, one player is the judge, and lays down a card with
a word on it.  Everyone else lays down a card from their hand of cards with a word that has something to do with the judge's word.  Then everyone argues for and against the
cards on the table, until the judge rules on who's word came closest.  The winner is whoever had his words chosen the most times.  It was a fun game, though part of our
amusement came from their kids, who had no clue who Carl Sagan was.

Anyways, we didn't play long -- and that was good because by the time we made out out to the parking garage, I was feeling dizzy.  Later, Ron told me he'd overheard three
other people at the con mention they were dizzy.  He postulated that this condition was brought on by lack of sleep and dehydration.  It was hard to argue with him.

GENCON Day 4.  Sunday.  8 am.

I had to be up bright and early again, because our team had
made it to the final round of the D&D Open.  Ron and I
waited until we were downtown to eat breakfast at some
place called Eddie's, or something like that.  My friend
Bryant has avoided the place since throwing up after eating
there a few years ago, but I had no problems with my
pancakes and eggs. 

This time, instead of being late, I was the second one in
our group to show up.  Not long after, we had everyone
back.  Up a few rows in front of us, I could see Russ
Taylor.  He had the distinction of beloning to the smallest
group, because there was only him and one other from his
team who showed up.  I felt a little bad for him, knowing
that only one Greytalker could win the Open, and that meant
he was going down.

By coincidence, our DM's assistant was the same guy who had
messed up running the first round for the two Ron's so
badly.  It was funny how our DM would consistently overrule
this amateur.  If only the rest of that round had been
equally entertaining.  Everyone, including our DMs, made at
least one serious mistake that cost us the final round. 
Our spellcasters cast too many of their spells in our first
encounter, which was just against some salamanders.  We
managed to avoid a lot more just by going straight through
the tunnels and avoiding the side caves.  At the end was
the "boss" bad guy, just like in an arcade game.  This high
priest/arch-mage of the evil turnip god would have been
beatable if we'd all reached him right away and beat on him
hard enough to keep him from casting spells. 
Unfortunately, I had the sword that could dispel his magic,
and I thought just carrying it would allow me to disrupt
the Wall of Force protecting him.  Nope, you have to
concentrate to activate that effect, which cost us valuable
time.  Meanwhile, the PC sorcerors had Dimension Doored
half the party inside the Wall of Force, but the Boss
Teleported out after leaving a Delayed Blast Fireball
behind.  I was fairly impressed with some of the spell
selections, even though the whole ending was a giant
cliche. 

Anyways, half the party died right away because our DMs
misunderstood how saving throws work in 3E.  We spent a lot
of time arguing about how we could fairly rectify that,
which was complicated by one of the kids in the group mis-
quoting things out of the Players Handbook.  When the
Horrid Wilting spell left my PC with -50 hp, I figured it
was all over.  Still, two of our PCs managed to get an
important book away from the Boss and fled the dungeon with
it, and that was apparently a partial victory.  We figured
it was a long shot, at this point, for us to win.

GENCON Day 4.  Sunday.  Noon.

My next stop was the Hilton, where I paid a visit to Noel
Graham.  I wanted to sit my book bags in his room so I
could go walk around the exhibit hall un-encumbered.  Noel
graciously allowed this.  We talked a bit about medieval
research, his leftover steak, and how Noel was due to meet
Erik Larson and Gary Gygax in the exhibit hall shortly. 
Since we shared a destination, we decided to join forces. 
Sadly, the call of nature separated us, and it was a
lengthy and painful separation (try finding toilet paper at
the convention center by Sunday afternoon!).  By the time I
got to the exhibit hall, I didn't see any of them.  So
instead, I walked around on my own and shopped.  I picked
up Tegel Manor, the Gamescience release.  I hemmed and
hawed over that purchase for sometime.  I returned to the
Kenzer booth and doodled on their giant doodle wall (mine
was the Kirby-esque monster).  I then was lucky enough to
run into Noel again!  He confirmed that I had missed Erik
and Mr. Gygax.  I told him about my purchases, and all the
other goodies I'd seen but couldn't afford.  Noel offered
to loan me $100...

I've since had several occassions to regret turning down
that offer -- usually when telling others about how I had
done so.  I wound up not getting anything from Steve
Jackson, Atlas, and Necromancer Games; amongst other
diamond-in-the-rough companies.  Noel did give me an extra
dollar so I could get Kobolds Ate My Baby!  Next, I shared
my growing concern with Noel that if I left my bags in his
room, and then couldn't find him later, I might not see my
bags again!  So we went all the way back, talked about Xena
on the way, and I reclaimed my valuables.  Then we parted
company, for it was time to head back to the Arena and find
out if we had won the open.

GENCON Day 4.  Sunday.  2 pm.

We didn't.  I didn't stay to hear any other announcements. 
Unfortunately, I didn't really have anything planned to do
after that, so I went back to the exhibit hall just to mill
about.  I usually like to stay in the hall until closing on
the last day, but I also like to take a last walk around and
observe all the people gaming.  There's no other time of the
year that you see that many gamers all in one place -- at
least not by Chicago.  I had to wrap up my yearly customs by
4 pm, when I was to meet with Ronny and Bryant and ride with
them back home to Illinois.

GENCON Day 4.  Sunday.  4 pm.

I didn't find them.  I expected to see them on the gound
floor around the ticket booths, where we had planned to meet
on Friday.  They weren't there.  I had no idea where they
were parked, but I went outside.  I patrolled four blocks in
90 degree heat for nearly an hour, expecting to see them. 
Luckily, the concierge at the Hyatt was nice enough to hold
my bags for me while I looked.  I'm going to miss that Hyatt
when GENCON leaves Milwaukee...

GENCON Day 4.  Sunday.  5 pm.

I decided that they must be looking for me, and that I
should sit down and wait for them.  I sat down with some of
my new reading material and waited.  A half-hour passed. 
While reading, I was trying to think up some alternative
means of getting home.  One thing was for certain -- I was
swearing off carpooling to GENCON from then on!  Having
given up on sitting there, I had resolved to return to the
Hyatt and ask Noel to let me use his room's phone.  On the
way, I was lucky enough to run into one of the guys from my
group for the Open.  He told me that he and his friends were
waiting for the Magic tournament to get over that was
running until 7 pm.  Ah, a lightbulb went off in my head. 
The guys I was looking for were fanatical Magic players.  If
there was still a tournament going on, surely I would find
them there.

I had actually passed the room the tournament was going on
before and didn't see them, but this time I walked all the
way through the room to be certain.  Sure enough, at the far
end of the enormous room packed with people, were my
friends.  They wondered where I'd been.  Apparently, Ronny
was convinced he had told me to meet him there.  To this day
I have no recollection of such an exchange taking place. 

But all that was behind us now.  We left Milwaukee, dined at
the Country Kitchen restaurant again for supper, we all
laughed at passages from Kobolds Ate My Baby! that I read
outloud, and it was a less-than-disastrous ending to what
remains my best GENCON ever.

P.S.  I forgot to mention I met Fred "Psychlops" Weining on
Friday.  I remember nothing about him except that he had a
firm handshake and possibly sandy brown hair.  Still, it
seemed to bother him that I forgot to mention it...

VLADAMIR'S TIMELINE

Readying 8th

Met Abraham, Hristo and Barada.
Hear tale of Skull Keep from a bard, Heironymous Nod.
Decide to look into it with the others.

Readying 9th

Saved Abraham from thugs while on partol.
Decide not to accompany others on their expedition to Skull
Keep.

Readying 10th

Alexander, Peri and Ragnarr join the party.

Readying 11th

Band leaves for Skull Keep.
I'm ordered by my superiors to catch up with them and keep an
eye on Abraham.
I leave for Skull Keep and catch the others before long.

Readying 12th

Arrive at Skull Keep.
Explore 1st Level.

Readying 13th

Still in Skull Keep.
Go down to second dungeon level.
Ragnar is killed.
We flee.

Readying 14th

Back in Prymp.
Give Report to Garrison.

Readying 15th

Still in Prymp.
Rejoin guard patrol.

Readying 16th
Just did guardly stuff.

Readying 17th

Still in Prymp.
Met Alexander's Godmother in the Market, she invited me to
dinner at the Petrok house.
Gave mother money to take care of family.
Had dinner with Petrok family.

Readying 18th

Still in Prymp.
Knock out five half-orcs while on patrol.
Spoke with a priest of Zilchus about mission to Skull Keep.
Fight at Rusty Bucket with agents of the Flying Turtle Guild.
Take half-orc prisoners to Prymp Keep, they promptly escape.

Readying 19th

Still in Prymp.
Board ship in pursuit of the pirate ship the Red Zephyr
Board the Red Zephyr outside Skull Keep.
Defeat the pirates and take command of the ship.
Find a spellbook and two other books (Principles of Navigation
and Legal Distinctions in Letters of Mark)
Free Lemunda.
Scuttle the Red Zephyr.

Readying 20th

Still in Prymp.
Fellow Guardsman Nikolai found murdered outside the bank.
Have audience with Senator Gart Barlos.
Am given two guardsman to accompany me to Skull Keep
(Kelso and Fiorenzo).
Set out for Skull Keep.

Readying 21st

Arrive at Skull Keep.
Fight on 2nd Dungeon Level.
Defeat a wizard and his warrior companion.
Obtain Wand, Wizard's Spellbook and 2 other books (Marin's
Guide to Hepmonaland and The Dance of Nerull).
Sleep in the Wizard's lab.

Readying 22nd

Continue exploring 2nd Dungeon Level.
Defeat all the pirates.
Abraham and Kelso are killed by ghouls.
We flee in rowboats.
We return to Prymp.
Discover that the Temple of Zilchus was ropped while we were gone.

Readying 23rd

Still in Prymp.
Have words with Renspa at garrison.
Accept the dwarven warrior Gabriel into the group.
Knocked out while traveling through town.
Captured by the thieves' guild.
Fight our way free, killing the thieves.

Readying 24th

Still in Prymp.
Sell spellbooks to Laird.
Learn the secret of the Flying Turtle Guild.
Laird asks us to investigate a mystery concerning his daugter.
Outside the Laird's house we encounter a mage wieldling
creature with dragonish features.
I turn it into a turtle.

Reading 25th

Agree to work with the Laird.
Try to convince party to go to Galdol to battle the pirate lords.
Accept the mage Enlock into the group.

Readying 26th

Still in Prymp.
Continue to argue about next step with party.

Readying 27th

Still in Prymp.
Arrange passage on a ship as far west as Dargveto.

Readying 28th

Still in Prymp.
Have to delay our journey a day so that Peri can finish training.
Begin writing in a journal.

Coldeven 1st

Set sail.
Get information on destroying ships from the captain (Hallatan
Feldenov).
Fight the sea wolves.

Coldeven 2nd

Arrived in Shargallen.
We hear a tale about the Curse of the Sea Wolves but ignore it.
Trade for a book (Old Oerdian Primer).

Coldeven 3rd

Set sail again.
Boarded by a pirate ship (The Master Seawolf).
Defeat the pirates and capture their ship.
Cormorant leaves to bring pirate captain (Gedron) back to
Shargallen.
We remain aboard the Master Seawolf and await their return.
Another pirate ship arrives (The Bay Eaglet) and sinks the
Master Seawolf.
We jump overboard and swim to shore.
My spellbook and diary are ruined.
Rescribe Color Spray from my memory.
Meet Beccora, druidess of Beory.

Coldeven 4th

Get picked up by the Cormorant.
Learn that Gedron escaped his captors once they reached
shore.
Set sail again.
Arrive in Dargveto.
Set off for Dargvolyavi.
Alexander and Peri decide to turn the party around and head
to the abbey of Pholtus near Shargallen, for fear of the Curse
of the Sea Wolves.

Coldeven 5th

Continue back east.
Ran into a body of men heading west led by Sir Dobrev.
Suspect Prince Daven Darmen is sending some sort of tribute
to the Pirate Lords of Galdol.
Arrive back at Dargveto.

Coldeven 6th

Head east again.
Arrive in Dargvonesa.

Coldeven 7th

Still in Dargvonesa.
Have an audience with Prince Daven Darmen.
Discover that he is an illusionist.
Continue east.
Arrive in Shargallen.

Coldeven 8th

Travel to Abbey of Pholtus.
Seawolf curses removed by the Abbot (Basil Kuriv).
Andel Mooriv joins the party.
Travel to the Dream Garden for the 1st time.
Meet Countess Shadella.
Agree to try and get the party to go on her mission.

Coldeven 9th

Return to Shargallen.
Make arrangements for passage on a ship to Prymp aboard the
Sea Gull.

Coldeven 10th

Travel east towards Prymp on Sea Gull.
Return to the Dream Garden and begin my training.
Meet Pilf.

Coldeven 11th

Return to Prymp.
Learn that Vecheld Gesto is under attack.
Phillip Petrok is not communicating with the Laird.
The Garrison is locked off.
More training in the Dream Garden.

Coldeven 12th

.......

[Unaccounted for days?]
.......

Coldeven 15th

Travel to Skull Keep.
Camp in wilderness.
More training in the Dream Garden.
Go exploring a bit with Pilf.

Coldeven 16th

Return to Skull Keep
Finish off the 2nd level and descend to the 3rd.
Have a tough fight with 3 transforming hawkmen.
Head back up to the 2nd level to rest.

Coldeven 17th

Go back down to 3rd level.
Get knocked out by giant rats.
Party travels back towards Prymp.
Camp in wilderness.

Coldeven 18th

Return to Prymp.
Have audience with Nemis Coraz.
Meet Trant Eldrev, leader of the Ahlissan Fist.
Make plans to head south and disrupt the army.
Have dinner with the Ahlissan Fist.

Coldeven 19th

Still in Prymp.
Learn of the secret wizard society in Prymp.

Coldeven 20th

Still in Prymp.
Attend meeting of secret wizard society.
Get inducted into society.
Speak with a gnome illusionist (Anomo) about replacing my
spellbook.

Coldeven 21st

Head south to spy on army.
Find them half way to Prymp.
Attack their supply camp during night.
Return to Prymp

Coldeven 22nd

Call a meeting of secret wizard society to discuss Prymp's
defense.
Hristo and Peri are attacked by a lycanthrope (Snake).
Find Snake and Demonkos hiding in the slaughter house and
defeat them.

Coldeven 23rd

Battle with Herzog's army.
Watch from the curtain wall with Andel.
See him receive divine intervention.
Board a ship on the docks to help with the naval battle.
Prymp is successful in holding off the Herzog's forces.

Coldeven 24th

Still in Prymp.
Defeat patrols of guardsman in streets.

Coldeven 25th

Still in Prymp.
The Laird asks us to investigate tunnels below Prymp.
Find four dwarves to accompany us into caves.

Coldeven 26th

Still in Prymp.
Investigate tunnels below Prymp.
Upon exiting find that the Garrison has been completely sealed
off.

Coldeven 27th

Still in Prymp.
The Shrine of Pelor is burned down.
The Chapel of Fharlanghn is burned down.
Find and defeat the Hextorites responsible.
Discover the Guardsman have sealed off all the gates between
the old and new cities.

Coldeven 28th

Still in Prymp.
We assault the Garrison.
I get knocked out.
We win anyway.
The Herzog's army packs up and begins heading west towards
Porton.

Growfest 1st

Still in Prymp.
Begin making plans to go to Hexpools.

Growfest 2nd

Still in Prymp.
Have arguement with Peri in Grinning Gargoyle.
Agree to leave on the 5th.

Growfest 3rd

Still in Prymp.
Peri and Barada back out of trip to Hexpools.

Growfest 4th

Still in Prymp.
Recruit the dwarf Godrum and Marta (a scout) to accompany
me to Hexpools.

Growfest 5th

Leave Prymp to head south to Hexpools.
Meet up with Pilf on the way out, he joins.
Begin training in Dream Garden.

Growfest 6th

Continue south.
Encounter Blink Dogs.
Camp a distance away from Vecheld Gesto.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Growfest 7th

Continue traveling south.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 1st

Continue traveling south.
Marta is killed or captured while scouting ahead of the party.
During night we are attacked by nine kobolds, Pilf charms
everyone.
Continue training in Dream Garden (training goes very slow
now that I'm charmed).

Planting 2nd

Arrive at Arogaz Avon.
Enter with Pilf.
Meet Ludmil, a noble warrior looking to attack an ogre
stronghold.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 3rd

Still in Arogaz Avon.
Get into fight with guards at the inn.
Flee town.
Continue traveling southeast.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 4th

Continue traveling southeast.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 5th

Continue traveling southeast.
Spend the night in Tabonrak.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 6th

Continue traveling southeast.
Camp outside of Ilnamark.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 7th

Continue traveling southeast.
Continue training in Dream Garden.

Planting 8th

Arrive in Hexpools.
Get locksmith to open up my uncle Boris's house.
Find Boris magically asleep.
Read a Guide to the Ethereal Plane.
Continue training in the Dream Garden.

Planting 9th

Still in Hexpools.
Find Boris's Wand, Ring, Bracers and Spellbook.
Arrive in Dream Garden near dawn.
Forced to flee the Gorgon.
Knocked out by Shadella to avoid getting eaten.

Planting 10th

Still in Hexpools.
Meet Balagros, an illusionist.
He offers to train me.

Planting 11th

Still in Hexpools.
Work out a deal with Balagros to complete my training.

Planting 12th

Still in Hexpools.
Complete training for 3rd level.
Awake on pirate ship in Dreamlands.

Planting 13th

Still in Hexpools.
Balagros has my indentured servitude extended indefinetely.
He wants to send me on a quest to find the Fountain of Health
Peri arrives in Hexpools.
Give Balagros my uncle's stone to end my servitude.

Planting 14th

Travel from Hexpools to Sulzdorf.
Camp just outside Sulzdorf.

Planting 15th

Arrive in Sulzdorf.
Meet with Lansgraf Tilman de Bourne.
Turn his dog invisible.
See traveling show.
A psychic (Madame Yamallah) foresees death and sickness
in my future.
Meet associate of Peri's father and get some answers.

Planting 16th

Still in Sulzdorf.
Turn one of the Lansgraf's men invisible for a sack of gold.
Travel from Sulzdorf to Olvanstaadt am-Graufult.
Arrive in Olvanstaadt am-Graufult.
Spend the night at the Foot of the Cliff Inn.

Planting 17th

Still in Olvanstaadt.
Have an audience with the Waldgraf Taras Cranden-Guarhoth.
He tells me to come back the next morning for more
information.
Discover the Comeback Inn.
Spend the evening there.

[Spoilers from here down!]

Planting 18th

Have another audience with the Waldgraf.
Get information on the House of Toshna in Torvald.
Walgraf sends me to Peter Cek to try and find out more about
my uncle's magic sleep.
Arrive to find Peter Cek has been put into a magical sleep.
Guards arrive and arrest me.
I am thrown in jail pending an investigation.

Planting 19th

Freed from my cell and found to be innocent.
Get into altercation with the mage Henrot and his daughter at
the inn.
Flee from Olvanstaadt.
Ride to Gerbrunn.
Giant beetle creature tries to attack us but cannot keep up.
Camp in Gerbrunn.
Defeat a score of bandits during the night.
Ride a short distance from town and camp again.

Planting 20th

Arrive at ruins of Torvald.
Discover bandits lurking in the ruins.
Peri and Godrum are both killed by dragon-like creatures.
Flee ruins.

Planting 21st

Godrum awakes from the dead.
Ride towards Olvanstaadt.

Planting 22nd

Ride to Olvanstaadt.
Godrum heads into town to sell loot.
Ride to Gerbrunn.
Camp outside Gerbrunn.

Planting 23rd

Still in Gerbrunn.
Have audience with the Lansgraf.
He lets us stay the evening in his keep.

Planting 24th

Still in Gerbrunn.
Purchase the services of 10 men-at-arms from Lansgraf.
Head to ruins of Torvald.
Fight some bandits.
Get knocked out.
Peri leads men back to Gerbrunn.

Planting 25th

Still knocked out.
Peri has audience with the Lansgraf.
I awake late that evening.

Planting 26th

Travel west from Gerbrunn back towards Hexpools.
Camp west of Olvanstaadt.
Speak to the Countess in the Dreamlands.

Planting 27th

Continuing heading west to Hexpools.
Encounter a wedding party along the road.
Decide to travel the remainder of the way with them.
Fast-talk a patrol of 60 orcs and humans into leaving the wedding
party alone.

Planting 28th

Continuing heading back to Hexpools.
Stop in Sulzdorf.
Cast another invisibility spell for the Lansgraf there.
Arrive in Hexpools.
Find my uncle dead.
Make arrangements with an undertaker.

Flocktime 1st

Still in Hexpools.
My wand is indentified to be a Wand of Archer Detection.
Meet back up with Alexander Petrok.
                .....



No comments: